RAZON ENGINEERING COMPANY PRIVATE LIMITED
660, Taboot Street, P.O.Box No.49, PUNE-411001 [India] Ph:26130791, Telefax: 26130017
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.razonengg.com
AN ISO 9001-2008 COMPANY
EPOXY ZINC RICH PRIMER 210
RAZON Epoxy Zinc rich primer 210 is a two pack system enriched with metallic zinc to provide outstanding performance in highly corrosive environment. Metallic Zinc imparts Cathodic protection to the base metal and Epoxide groups react with polyamide / Amine adduct hardener to form tough, non convertible film at ambient temperature. It resists photo degradation by UV light as it contains UV absorber.
RANGE OF APPLICATION Suitable for application as a priming coat on structural steel, pipelines, tank exteriors of refineries, power generation plants, mining facilities bulk handling equipment and fertilizer industries jettys, dry dock gates, oil rigs etc.
This can be top-coated with Epoxy Paints; Polyurethane paints chlorinated rubber paints for specific applications.
- Provides excellent adhesion on blast cleaned steel/concrete surfaces.
- Withstands 1200 C dry heat
- Builds high DFT in single coat
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- With top-coat of RAZON Coal Tar Epoxy it enhances resistance to most salts & alkalis
- Good Acid & alcohol resistance although Direct immersion is not advisable
- Resists splash, spillage, immersion of aromatic hydrocarbon & solvents
- Good abrasion resistance
APPLICATION Remove oil, grease and other contaminants using proper RAZON Super Clean 101. For severe corrosive conditions blast clean the surface. Special care must be taken on weld areas to, remove flux
- The cleaned surface should be coated before it gets contaminated. Stir base thoroughly then mix three parts base and one part hardener by volume to uniform consistency. Allow the mixture to mature for 20-30 min. and stir again before application & occasionally during use to prevent settling of rnetallic zinc. For Brush Roller, Airless spray application, no thinning is required. In conventional spraying, 5 % to 10 % thinning is recommended for ease of application.
|1||Principal Constituent||Epoxide & metallic zinc compounds|
|2||Coverage||50-60 sq ft|
|3||Film Thickness||400-500 micron per coat, std concentration|
|4||Form||2 Component; Resin and Hardner|
|5||Proportion of mixing||As per factory prepared packing|
|6||Packing||4 kg; 20 kg Combo packs|
|7||Pot life||1 hr after mixing @ 30-40 Centigrade|
|8||Shelf Life||1 year if stored in a cool, dry place.|
It is strongly recommended that site trials be conducted using site conditions and available raw materials to evaluate the product. Since site materials and conditions are beyond our control and since above suggestions and recommendations are based on our site trials and laboratory product evaluation & trials, and since methods of use at site are beyond our control. Hence, no guarantee can either be implied or enforceable